Patient Guide in Biliary Tract Cancer
(Cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer and ampullary cancer)
AMMF is pleased to have worked with ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) in developing a comprehensive guide for biliary tract cancer patients, their relatives and caregivers.
This guide provides the most current information in cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer and ampullary cancer, including:
- What is the biliary tract
- Terminology used in cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer and ampullary cancer
- Explanation of the three types of cholangiocarcinoma: intrahepatic, hilar and extrahepatic
- Symptoms and risk factors
- Examinations, tests and scans used to diagnose biliary tract cancer
- Treatment options: surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Clinical trials and advances, including molecular profiling
- Stents, what they are, why they are used and the problems that can occur
- Possible side effects of treatment, and how to manage them
The guide can be downloaded by clicking here.
Alternatively, printed copies are available from AMMF.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
This guide is not intended to replace medical advice. The medical information in all ESMO’s Patient Guides is based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines.