Patient Guide in Biliary Tract Cancer
(Cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer and ampullary cancer)
AMMF is pleased to have worked with ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) in developing a comprehensive guide for biliary tract cancer patients, their relatives and caregivers.
This guide provides the most current information in cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer and ampullary cancer, including:
- What is the biliary tract
- Terminology used in cholangiocarcinoma, gallbladder cancer and ampullary cancer
- Explanation of the three types of cholangiocarcinoma: intrahepatic, hilar and extrahepatic
- Symptoms and risk factors
- Examinations, tests and scans used to diagnose biliary tract cancer
- Treatment options: surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Clinical trials and advances, including molecular profiling
- Stents, what they are, why they are used and the problems that can occur
- Possible side effects of treatment, and how to manage them
The Biliary Tract Cancer guide is now available in three languages, English, Italian and Greek.
The English version can be downloaded by clicking here.
The Italian version, “Che cos’é il cancro delle vie biliary?”
can be downloaded by clicking here
The Greek version, “Τι είναι o καρκίνος των χοληφόρων οδών*;” can be downloaded by clicking here.
Printed copies of the English version are available from AMMF.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
This guide is not intended to replace medical advice. The medical information in all ESMO’s Patient Guides is based on the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines.Back to previous page