World Cholangiocarcinoma Day 2018
Wednesday 14 February
World Cholangiocarcinoma Day is an international effort to raise much-needed awareness of cholangiocarcinoma, a devastating cancer that occurs in the bile ducts in or outside the liver. This poorly understood and under researched disease is increasing in incidence globally – AMMF strongly believes collaboration is the way forward.
Hope for the future
AMMF, the UK’s only dedicated cholangiocarcinoma charity, is proud to have instigated the first ever World Cholangiocarcinoma Day in 2016 and, together with fellow inaugural partners, we are honoured to be involved with The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation of Thailand as they lead the third World Cholangiocarcinoma Day, on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
The theme chosen for 2018 is ‘Hope for the future’ – hope which we all share as together we work to raise awareness of this silent killer.
How you can get involved
Share the global awareness message on social media, and with friends, family and colleagues.
We need your help to raise much needed awareness of cholangiocarcinoma. Become part of the collective voice of those advocating for patients with this devastating cancer. Join with us in telling the world that cholangiocarcinoma is a cancer that cannot be ignored.
- Many don’t know what cholangiocarcinoma is, and that lack of awarenesss is a major problem.
- Most with cholangiocarcinoma are diagnosed too late for potentially curative surgery – ways to earlier diagnosis are desperately needed.
- We need to stand together and tell the world that cholangiocarcinoma is a cancer that cannot be ignored.
- We need to talk about cholangiocarcinoma.
- Find out more about cholangiocarcinoma from the World CCA Day website, and from the websites of the World CCA Day partners listed on the Home page.
Join us on the social media sites
Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness Month
To find out more about AMMF’s Cholangiocarcinoma Awareness month activities, including the “Say it, Share it, Send it!” campaign, click here
World Cholangiocarcinoma Day Partners
Working nationally and collaborating internationally for the world’s cholangiocarcinoma patients
AMMF – The Cholangiocarcinoma Charity
The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation
The Bili Project Foundationwww.thebiliproject.org
Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation of Thailand cca.in.th/wpen/