Treatment during the pandemic

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Patients and experiences Treatment during the pandemic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

philippa
    Participant

Hello, I wonder if other patients are continuing their palliative chemo during the pandemic?

I know I only have months left and this will be shortened if I stop chemo but I’m very nervous about acquiring corona virus at hospital.

I have 2 young children and want to be here as long as possible.

Thebearssweetie
    Participant

Hi Phillipa, it is a really hard place to be isn’t. My husband has been given a short life span with this vile disease and his chemo was helping with symptoms. He has just had 5 weeks off because of covid and he felt quite well for 3 weeks but then symptoms came back with vengeance. Anyway he is starting chemo again today if his bloods are ok. He isn’t looking forward to it because of all it brings with it and said last night he isn’t going to keep on with it if it makes it too sick again. It is a hard choice. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this, a Macmillan nurse or hospice nurse, our hospice (palliative nurse) is amazingly full of knowledge and experience. Everybody in a different place and age, Kev is 61 and we have no children together. So selfishly I want him to keep trying but I won’t tell him because it isn’t my body that’s suffering.

I wish you all the best and as much comfort as you can get. Sending you virtual hugs and love xx,, xxx Christine p. S there are also nurses you can contact on Macmillan website.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.