Tom’s Story

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Participant

Hi all,

Finally plucking up the courage to tell you all my story.

In June 2019 I was diagnosed with Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma, with around 13 small tumors dotted around the inside edge of my liver. I was told then and there I had around 1-3months to live.

For the next two weeks I was absolutely all over the place. I even tried to attend the theatre with my partner and her mum, only to have to leave because I couldn’t control the feeling of sickness.

Shortly afterwards I had my first Oncology appointment in Nottingham, he confirmed the news and told me he predicted 6-9months. I asked him if people can beat CCA from my position and he said all I needed to hear, it’s very difficult, but not impossible.

My partner and I decided to rush through our wedding, we got it all arranged and done within ten days so that we, along with our baby boy, could enjoy some married life before anything happens to me.

I have just started my tenth round of chemotherapy, 8 rounds of cisplatin and gemcitabine and have since replaced cisplatin with capecitabine due to losing feeling in my feet.

My Oncologist wants to give me a minimum of an eight week break, to see how things go before going private to try SIRT therapy, and see if they can shrink the tumors enough for a resection.

So that’s me,

Wish I had something more inspirational to tell you, but I’m not giving up and one day maybe I will!

Tom

Keep smiling and never give up.

Julie_ammf

Hi Tom

Thank you for finding the courage to share your story on the Forum.

All of us at AMMF wish you well for your ongoing treatment.

Kindest regards

Julie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.