Welcome to Introductions

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Introductions Welcome to Introductions

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Michaela 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

JW1969
    Participant

Oh Fleur, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending my thoughts to you and your children.

Marysia Welch
    Participant

Hi
    This time last year my wonderful husband Norman had pain under his right shoulder blade. He was used to pain as he had nerve damage in his left side following Hiatus Hernia surgery at 32. He eventually agreed to go to the doctors as it worsened. As with so many of your stories, his was not a happy ending. He was admitted to hospital and told it wasnt cancer, gallstones probably, only to then get the diagnosis of cholangiocarcenoma. Devastated doesn’t cover it. Our 4 girls and myself spent every available moment with him at hospital where he battled Sepsis and a failed kidney, enduring procedures because he didn’t know how not to fight. My warrior. 6 weeks after diagnosis he asked to come home. Everything was booked and an ambulance ordered for 5pm that Monday – it arrived at 5am the following morning,as we sat watching him hanging on determined to get home. He did. and at 2.45 pm on Tuesday 18th September 2018 a week before our 42nd wedding anniversary, he passed away.
    Nothing prepares us for the devastation that follows the loss of the person who was my Raison d’etre. I can only say my heart goes out to all in a similar position

Michaela

Dear Marysia

Welcome to the AMMF ForumĀ  and thank you for making the decision to share your story.

All of us at AMMF are very sorry to learn that you have lost your husband Norman to cholangiocarcinoma. Everyone here sends their sincere sympathies in this very sad loss.

I am sure others will comment and share their experiences with you and if we can be of any further help please get in touch.

Kind regards

Michaela

Please note it is not appropriate for AMMF to give medical advice or recommendations, and all details provided are for information purposes only.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.