Surgery – what to expect?

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Patients and experiences Surgery – what to expect?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JW1969 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

twigsie
    Participant

I’m so glad your dad is making a good recovery, keep us updated.

JW1969
    Participant

Thanks Twigsie, he seems to have done well if they are letting him go home. Still a way to go, physically, but now he’s off most meds and disconnected from tubes and so on, best place for him is in his own home.

How is your mum doing? Any news on the scans?

twigsie
    Participant

She has another appointment for this Thursday. Hopefully we’ll find out what they can do then. I have everything crossed.

JW1969
    Participant

I will be thinking of you.

twigsie
    Participant

How is your dad doing JW? Mom went for a biopsy today but they said it was too risky. The last scan showed that the cancer has spread so they wanted her to have chemo first and see if they can shrink it. Now we’re not sure what will happen next. Hope your dad is doing well.

JW1969
    Participant

Hi Twigsie, we also had that situation of the first procedure being too risky, and my Dad had chemo to shrink it before they could operate – that is all familiar to me. Chemo feels scary, but it can and does work as ultimately it meant my Dad could have his op. He didn’t suffer too much from it either, quite tired, but largely his life went on as normal other than his chemo days.

He is doing well, thank you, still recovering, but it’s not even been four weeks yet. He had his “results” and they are confident that they got the whole thing out with nothing nasty left behind. So it’s a huge relief, he is focussing on recovering from the op and goes back for a scan in 2-3 months. Some meds, but no chemo.

Thinking of you and your mum, stay strong.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.