Referrals and second opinions …

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Clinical Trials and Treatments Referrals and second opinions …

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #9161


    For initial diagnosis: If you and your GP agree that you need to be referred to a specialist, you can go to any named specialist of your choice, but your doctor will need to write a letter of referral. For more details on referral, go to:

    For a second opinion: It is suggested that patients who have received a diagnosis of cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer), unless already under the care of a specialist experienced with cholangiocarcinoma at a known specialist centre, should ask to be referred for a second opinion with a named consultant of their choice, to ensure their diagnosis is correct and/or for reassurance that the treatments recommended are the best options for them.

    See above for referral information, and for specialist treatment centres, go to:

    Please note it is not appropriate for AMMF to give medical advice or recommendations, and all details provided are for information purposes only.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.