Late side effects of Chemotherapy

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Patients and experiences Late side effects of Chemotherapy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Frost
    Participant

Hello

I wonder if anyone could share their experiences following chemotherapy. My husband completed 8 cycles of Gem/Cis in November. He coped well during his treatment with just nausea and fatigue towards the end of treatment. We were looking forward to December and getting out and about, however since completing, he has actually felt worse than when he was having the treatment. He is constantly nauseous and extremely fatigued. I wonder if any one else has experienced this and if it is normal after such treatment?

I would appreciate any experiences.

Pauline

Frost21

Michaela

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for posting to AMMF’s discussion forum, although we are all sorry to learn that your husband has been diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma.

Hopefully others will come in on this thread soon, to share their experiences, which I’m sure would be helpful for you and your husband.

Kindest regards

Michaela

Please note it is not appropriate for AMMF to give medical advice or recommendations, and all details provided are for information purposes only.

Charlie
    Participant

Hi Pauline,

I did not do the gem/cis chemo but I did the capecitabine chemo and I felt exactly the same. Initially I handled it pretty well and continued working, however, the longer it went on the worse I felt and the fatigue/ nausea started eating into my time off treatment. Its horrible but I think the only option is to dig deep. Rest whenever you can and eat whatever you can manage. I was only able to eat little bits of food but just did my best. I regained weight after chemo.

I hope your husband manages to keep going with it.

All the best,

Charlie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.