Husband, 55 y.o. when diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Introductions Husband, 55 y.o. when diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

M

Dear Jules,

Thank you for the update.

Please keep in touch and let us know if there is any further information you need.

Kindest regards

Michaela

Please note it is not appropriate for AMMF to give medical advice or recommendations, and all details provided are for information purposes only.

josmb
    Participant

Hello everyone

I don’t post here for 2 months. A lot happened since then…

My husband started the FOLFOX, his morphine dosage was increased and other painkillers as well. Unlikely the prediction of the oncologist, my husband was here during Christmas and New Year. In December he had signed some papers to join a clinical trial that is about to open real soon. On the same day the professor and his group decided on doing this research they saw my husband. He was the first candidate.

That filled us with hope at that moment, but unfortunately this terrible disease didn’t stop, and that plus the side effects of the morphine transformed my husband into someone else. We would like so much to have been able to join that trial, if not to help my husband, to help other patients in the future.

My husband passed away last Saturday. That is the worst pain I had ever felt in my life, especially having a 2.5 years old kid that since he was 9 months old had his routine changed drastically because of this disease and now he doesn’t want to eat.

It was a battle that started on late March 2018 and ended in January 2020. As he had the “fast form” of the disease, I am extremely grateful for being able to have him by our side for so long, and I love him more than ever for having fought like that for us.

M

Dear Jules,

We are so sorry to hear your news. All of us at AMMF would like to send you and your family our deepest heartfelt condolences on the sad loss of your husband.

AMMF will keep working for all those precious people we have lost too soon until the answers are found.

With kindest regards and sincere sympathies,

Michaela

Please note it is not appropriate for AMMF to give medical advice or recommendations, and all details provided are for information purposes only.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.