Hilar cholangiocarcinoma – Mother diagnosed March 2020

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Introductions Hilar cholangiocarcinoma – Mother diagnosed March 2020

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dnemeth
    Participant

Hi, my mother after feeling unwell and having jaundice was diagnosed with <b>Hilar cholangiocarcinoma.</b>

2 stents were fitted successfully.

It has been an emotional rollercoaster, having being given so much different information it has been unbearable. We were initially told likely to have spread to bowel, pancreas, gall bladder and lymph nodes to then being officially told no spread but inoperable. We then had a second opinion who advised quite possibly could be operable however some small nodes had appeared on lungs which could have been cancer cells or at the time the nodes could have been due to a result of the infection that my Mum had at the time of CT scan- Mum also has asthma .The only way to know would be to wait 6 weeks however the cancer hospital was adament was a spread so we felt we had no choice but to start chemo treatment which we are currently on cycle 3. We have had one set back during the treatment as Mum had yet another infection which we assume again is due to stents which is quite common. Half way scan is soon which I feel nervous about but must stay positive my hope is nodes erased from lungs and cancer in the bile duct has stayed where it is so maybe we can then look into op again.

This cancer is so rare and feel there is such a lack of knowledge so I am grateful to find this dedicated site.

Mum diagnosed with Hilar cholangiocarcinoma March 2020

Julie_ammf

Dear dnemeth

All of us at AMMF are very sorry to hear that your mother has been diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma.

Thank you for sharing your story on our Forum and we are glad that you have found our website a support during this very difficult time for you and your family.

May we take this opportunity to wish your mother well for her ongoing treatment.

Kind regards

Julie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.