CT guided biopsy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

twigsie
    Participant

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of a CT guided biopsy? My mom is waiting to start chemo for her bile duct cancer but the docs want a biopsy first. She was booked to have the biopsy done yesterday but they did a ultrasound and decided it was too risky. We were told at first that the chemo would go ahead regardless but now they’ve said she’ll have to have a biopsy under a CT scanner. She was apprehensive about the biopsy in the first place and just when we thought the chemo was going to start we’ve had another delay.

pwhits50
    Participant

I had my biopsy done under a C T scanner as earlier scans showed that the tumour was really hard to get at. The process is not made any more uncomfortable by doing it this way but does give them a good chance of getting a decent sample to investigate and this apparently helps them determine the correct chemo. Hope this helps.

Paul

twigsie
    Participant

Thanks Paul. Someone somewhere along the line decided the chemo could go ahead without the biopsy. They said they were 99% sure it was bile duct cancer and my mom was relieved she didn’t need the biopsy, I know she didn’t want it done after the initial build up and then cancellation of the first one. I read your post and I hope you’re not in too much pain, sending you my best wishes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.