My experience with my Paps

Discussion Forum Discussion Forum Introductions My experience with my Paps

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Helen_ammf 1 day, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

neeco
    Participant

Hi Guys!
    My dad found out about his cholangiocarcinoma following a doctors appointment for acid reflux! He had blood tests which showed he may have a liver blockage and that’s when the jaundice appeared. He went into hospital for scans and then had an ERCP with plastic stent. He then got an infection and so another ERCP with a metal stent. They wanted to perform a whipples procedure but had to PET scan and then biopsy his liver. Unfortunately my poor Paps has cancer of the liver too. He has now been offered palliative chemotherapy. He is a very fit 63 year old with such a passion for life. I’m absolutely gutted!
    I am 25 years old and I work in the hospital setting. I have obviously researched the outcomes and it’s heartbreaking to see how vastly it progresses. My paps doesn’t want to know, which selfishly makes things difficult. I think I’m just looking for advice from people that are in a similar situation where their loved one doesn’t want to know but you do? I love how positive he is being but I’m finding it difficult to feel the same. Obviously when he’s not with me! 
    Thank you! 

Julie_ammf

Hi Neeco

I’m very sorry to learn that your dad has been diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma, but thank you for posting to AMMF’s forum. You obviously need to share how you are feeling and I hope that others will come in on your post with some helpful comments and advice.

Please look at the organisations on our helpful links page who might also be able to offer you further support http://ammf.org.uk/helpful-links/

with kindest regards to you and your dad
    Julie

Please note it is not appropriate for AMMF to give medical advice or recommendations, and all details provided are for information purposes only.

Ian Bartlett
    Participant

Hi Neeco. I know this post was a while ago. It was posted on my Dad’s Birthday. He passed away from this horrible disease days later. He too had acid symptoms before we knew anything was wrong and the cancer spread to his liver also. He didn’t know what was wrong with him and that hurts me. Anyway I hope you have better news than me but if not my thoughts go out to you. Ian

Vtaylor83
    Participant

Hi!

My 62 year old mum was diagnosed with advanced Cc in June this year. She has just finished 9 weeks of chemo and has been told it has shrunk. Which is great news in such a bad situation. I just wondered if there was anyone out there with a similar story or could tell us more about what is to come. Also would love to put her in touch with a woman also going through this. To chat to. She is being very strong for us, but I know she is desperately sad about her situation and we obviously have no idea what she is going through. Thanks! X

Helen_ammf

Dear Vtaylor83

Thank you for posting about your Mum’s diagnosis and treatment on AMMF’s discussion forum.

However, as this is your first post and you would like to find someone for your Mum to connect with, I think you will get a better response if you repeat your post in the Introductions section of the forum which, as it’s name suggests, is the ideal place to introduce yourself and explain your story:  http://ammf.org.uk/forum/discussion/introductions/

Then, hopefully, others will come in with helpful comments for your Mum.

With kindest regards to you and your Mum.

Helen

Please note it is not appropriate for AMMF to give medical advice or recommendations, and all details provided are for information purposes only.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.